Are you interested in selling products online? You have come to the right place! Discover the cost to sell on different shopping websites and why Etsy is the best of them all!
It is really important to understand how expensive is to sell on various shopping websites in order to make the best decision when you are considering the option of selling online. There could be thousands of reasons to consider the option of selling on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and etc.
Before you decide where you are going to sell your products, it is recommendable to take a look at how pricey this will end up for you.
The truth is that everyone sells in order to make a profit and to increase that profit in the future. If you are informed of that cost that will happen when you are selling a product on a certain online website, it would be easier for you to determine and calculate your profit and price your products better.
Additional Reading: How Etsy Works – The Fees for Selling on Etsy and Pattern
Here is how expensive is to sell on various online marketplaces
- Cost to sell on eBay – When selling on eBay there are 3 types of fees you need to keep in mind: the listing upgrades, the insertion fee, and the final values fees. Here are the fees you need to pay:
- The first 50 listings are free of charge. The insertion fee may vary between 10 cents and $2 (it depends on the starting or reserve price of the product)
- There is a fee of 9% of the product’s total cost to the buyer (with shipping fees included)
- The insertion fee is 50 cents for all products priced at $0.99 and higher
- The final value fee may vary by the category and the price of the product
- Costs to sell on Amazon – When selling on Amazon, there are also 3 different types of fees:
- The referral fee that varies between 6 and 25% of the sale price
- The variable closing fee that varies between $0.45 and $1.25
- The fixed closing fee or $0.99 for all products (except for pro sellers)
- Costs to sell on Etsy – Selling on Etsy is extremely cheap when compared to the costs on eBay and Amazon. The listing fee is 20 cents per product (for 4 months) and the commission is 3.5% of the end price.
If you are looking for a great place to sell your products, Etsy is without a doubt the best one at this point!